Sunday, July 1, 2012

Try and Try Again


When you first started playing guitar, did you suck at guitar?

Well, I do.

Everybody has their own starting point, same as me. We might be inspired to pick the guitar, and suddenly lost the motivation to play it again just because it hard and our fingers hurts.

Let me tell you this. DON'T QUIT. Yes, it is really frustating to learning playing guitar at first, but eventually you will get it. Only if you don't stop playing. It's okay to rest you finger after hard playing, but the next day make sure you pick up the guitar again. Little by little, you will become good and finally master every techniques that possible in guitar. 

Problems in strumming? Take 1 day and focus on strumming for the entire day session.
Fingers hurt? Build finger strengths with scaling execise.
Try at least to spend 30 to 40 minutes on guitar practice. 2 hours is even better. If you have ample of time, try 6 hours practicing the guitar every day. Give it a week. You will notice the improvement.

Again, don't quit. Just try and try again. Keep trying. Who knows what you'll be in the future with guitar?

2 comments:

  1. The first time I played the guitar, I sounded like a cat being stepped on. My dad did his best to hide the horror in his face though. I agree with what you wrote that learning the guitar isn't easy; you will not be able to do everything correct in a snap of a finger. It takes quite some time to learn it, and much more to master it. There are no shortcuts. All you can do is to practice consistently.

    Cherie Seldon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been learning for the last few years... Before summer I knew most of my chords but I didn t know what to do with it... Purchase different guitar apps and software... Finally I gor enrolled in a guitar lesson once a week... My instructor is a great guitar player and is helping me to put it together... I was amazed that after no playing the whole summer I was able to remember it all... It is a wonderful feeling playing your guitar and listening to something that makes sense. It may take me few more years but I beleive that I'm getting closer to accomplish my dream.

    ReplyDelete