In the military world, strategies and tactics is one of the important factor that lead to victory. Of course, its still just one factor, not including the others. But any military forces that fails to implement strategies will surely annihilated by opposing forces that uses strategies appropriately. This doesn't limit to military world only, but also in the business world. The business world is no stranger to military strategy. Capitalist murder, kills and cutthroat each other in order to maintain monopoly and enormous profit in competitive business world. (Okay, only joking about the killing part, but it maybe true in some mafia organization.)
In this article, we going to look the "divide and conquer" strategy and how we can use it in the process of mastering the guitar.
|Next we'll discuss how to use the guitar to conquer the rebel forces.|
Divide and conquer strategy is where the focus attack is on the smaller part of the force rather than all the forces at once (divide). When the supporting forces or pillars has been eliminated, the forces weakened and easier to defeat (conquer).
We can apply this method in our practice! In mastering scales, accuracy, speed, learning a song and many more.
Divide and conquer
- Pick a song, techniques, scales or licks that you wish to master.
- Break the task into smaller part
- Focus on mastering one part, when mastered perfectly, proceed to other part.
- Repeat step 3 until the task is mastered/conquered.
When learning a song,
- Break it to smaller part; intro, verse, bridge/solo, and outro. Strumming pattern and riff
- Learn the easy part first, then proceed to hard part, i.e; solo
- Show off to your friends. (Optional)
|"That song? I only know the solo part."|
Happy practicing everyone!!